Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

The End Of Zee World

   I haven't written in a while. Maybe because I haven't had much time to think. I've been living in the valley that is Las Vegas, sin city. Where the alcohol flows like water, and everybody is somebody. Where you can have a beautiful young woman on your arm with a single phone call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
   Though it sounds like a yuppie wasteland, it is also beautiful. On the outskirts of the city, you can see what this place probably looked like before the cat houses and commotion. A dusty desert plane, leading up to the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. It's usually sunny and breezy here, the fall was mild. However I'm looking forward to my trip to NC in 2 days. I'm visiting friends and family for Christmas and New Years.
   Many people are critical of this season, some say it's overly commercialized (which is true). I love the season none the less. People in general seem to be in good spirits. People decorate their homes with lights, I'm quite fond of that. I honestly wish that Christmas was all year long. The motto of peace and goodwill, shouldn't apply only to one month out of the year.
    As the year comes to a close the infamous end of the world date draws near. I've heard and researched the various theories about this date. They're all very interesting and well thought (for the most part). Do I THINK that a hidden planet is going to hit us? No. Do I think the Dr. Evil society (illuminati) is going to begin its New World Order? No. Maybe the new age folks are right and we'll have an idealistic renaissance and every one will dance, smoke weed and be one with everything. As nice as that sounds, I'm doubting it, though it would be refreshing. All this being said, I have no idea what will happen. I'm not a fucking psychic. However, I do like the term "the end of the world as we know it."
   My entire life many people have told me that MONEY makes the WORLD go round. That wars are a part of human nature. Lets face it, the world is pretty fucked. We have preachers selling miracle water, and magic handkerchiefs on television(the worst part is that people are buying them). Governments are monitoring everything now. Everyone is convinced that there are terrorists in the middle east that have to die. Meanwhile folks are going hungry all over the world, I don't even want to get into Monsanto. I don't think you need an ancient calendar or text to tell you, somethings gotta give. If this is the world as we know it, I don't want it anymore.
   I'm praying for an end to it. An end to money and borders. An end to computers cell phones and gasoline. Sure, I might die because of some gun toting jack ass on an end of the world killing spree, but at least I'll see the end. An end to all the bullshit we've been subjected to our entire lives. The simulated life where you can control just about everything.
  End of the world as we know it? Bring it on, because I'm tired of the way the world works now.        

No comments:

Post a Comment