Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Humble Beginnings

 February 21st, the day I step in to the seemingly endless world of  blogs. From the perspective of an outsider, it would seem that this venture will be a meaningless, otherwise a waste of time. Who reads these things anyway right? I write in hopes that someone will identify with what I have to say. That one single individual discovers, and learns from these ramblings of  written word.  Before I begin to write on subjects from DMT to Democracy, I'd like to give a short back story of myself.
    Thus far I've lived a fairly interesting life. Born in the suburbs of Long Island, where most of my childhood was spent. At age 13 I was relocated to a small town in North Carolina, culture shock to say the least. This is where music became a big part of my life as well as psychoactive substances. After all, when you're stuck out in the country what else is there to do? In 9th grade I met my best friend. Together we discovered, music and our creative fuel, Marijuana. After dropping out of high school because I thought my band would "make it" very soon, my parents moved away. Of course I couldn't leave this little town, my girlfriend was here, and my band. Then reality set in. So spending the past three years surfing from couch to couch (and tent to tent), seeing numerous bands and consuming probably more than my fair share of drugs, I've turned to the Internet.
I've realized that the web is a powerful tool. It can get millions of people together, or spread them apart. It can teach us, or distract us. Like most things in life its all a matter of how the individual utilizes what is given.
    I've been told I have a gift. Many people in my life have told me that I'm a great writer. A skill that has not been utilized since I was in school. So I figured this would be a good place to start.
    Ameridellic is: sex, drugs, music, power, politics, peace, love, art, spirituality, traveling, and everything in between. This blog will not only hold informative articles, but also interesting experiences that I encounter along this journey of existence. Honestly if I don't write this mess down, I'm bound to forget it. Experience is far to valuable to forget. Stick around, and maybe we can learn something from each other. I'll be posting twice a week, maybe more if some one's picking up what I'm throwing down.

Peace
Deejay P

No comments:

Post a Comment